|Exceptionally fast, amazingly light, incredibly tough...North’s Marathon 3DL® is the world’s most advanced cruising sail. Inside the Marathon 3DL laminate is a custom 3DL-X yarn matrix designed specifically for cruising. Outside, North’s rugged TF taffeta/films provide exceptional protection from chafe, tear and UV degradation. Marathon 3DL sails are the only cruising sails in the world thermo-formed in their precise flying shape on full-sized 3-dimensional molds.|
Marathon 3DL cruising sails are available in two styles:
• Marathon 3DL 600 features a core of 100% high-modulus aramid yarn.
• Marathon 3DL 680 features a core of blended high-modulus aramid and carbon fiber yarn for the ultimate in shape retention.
Both are available with white of gray TF taffeta outer films.
- 3D thermo-molded construction
- 3D-X yarn layouts designed specifically for cruising
- Tough North TF outer films in either white or gray
- Adhesives formulated for superior UV protection, mildew resistance and extended sail life
- Choice of high-modulus aramid yarn or blend of high-modulus aramid and carbon yarn
Which upwind sail is right for you?"We noticed a huge difference when we put up the Marathon sails. We could point 5 - 10 degrees higher and the boat was sailing faster. We’ve also spent a lot of time sailing with the jib partially furled in winds over 30 knots, and the shape still looks exactly like it did the first day. We’re very impressed.”
All Upwind Sails Page ►
- Mark Myers, Swan 40 Tonic, Annapolis, MD
Marathon 3DL 600 features a core of high-modulus aramid yarn.
Marathon 3DL 680 features a core of blended high-modulus aramid and carbon yarn.